"Gaulskill", a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 4 miles (N. by W.) from Waterford, on the road to Thomastown; containing 322 inhabitants. It is also called Kiltokegan and Kilskegan, and comprises 1325 acres, including a lake of 100 acres. The ancient castle appears, from a monument in the church, to have formerly belonged to the De Burgo family. It is rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Dunkitt; near the church is a small glebe. The church was built in 1792. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Kilmacow.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Gaulskill. RC Parish: Kilmacow.
Kilmacow - Earliest Records: b. Jul 1858; m. Aug 1858.; d. Jun 1858.
Mullinavat - Earliest Records: b. Feb 1843; m. May 1843.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
Gaulskill Kilmacow pt 1858-1880 0926198
Mullinavat pt 1843-1880 0926201
Note: The northern 3 civil parishes of the R.C. parish of Kilmacow became Mullinavat.