We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.

Grangemaccomb

"Grangemaccomb", Grangeclovan, or Grangeloran, a parish, in the barony of Fassadining, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 1 mile (S. W.) from Ballyragget, on the river Nore; containing 949 inhabitants, and comprising 5611 1/2 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Burnchurch. In the R. C. divisions it is the head of a union or district, called Conahy, which includes this parish and Maine, and part of the parishes of Kilmocar, Coolcraheen, Three Castles, and Burnchurch; and has a chapel at Conahy.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]

Church Records

Civil Parish: Grangemaccomb. RC Parish: Conahy, part Lisdowney (old).
Conahy - Earliest Records: b. Jun 1832; m. Jun 1832.
Lisdowney - Earliest Records: b. May 1817; m. Sep 1771.

Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)

 Civil           Roman Catholic  Time            FHLC 
parish           parish           period           number 
Grangemaccomb   Ballyragget pt  1856-1880       0979702 
                Lisdowney       1771-1880       0926199 
                                1817-1880       0979701 
Note: The old R.C. parish of Ballyragget split into Ballyragget and Conahy.  

Description and Travel

You can see pictures of Grangemaccomb which are provided by:

Historical Geography

Townlands (1851)
 Parish         Townland                Acres   Diocese 
Grangemaccomb   Ardaloo                 401     Ossory     
Grangemaccomb   Connahy                 1519    Ossory     
Grangemaccomb   Grange                  674     Ossory     
Grangemaccomb   Lisduff                 69      Ossory     
Grangemaccomb   Oldtown                 556     Ossory     
Grangemaccomb   Shanganny               264     Ossory     

Ask for a calculation of the distance from Grangemaccomb to another place.

The civil parish of Grangemaccomb contained the following townlands.