GENUKI Home page
Kilkenny Contents Parishes and Towns

 

KILBRIDE

"Kilbride", a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 5 1/2 miles (W. by S.) from New Ross, containing 496 inhabitants, 2665 statute acres. It is a vicarage, episcopally united, in 1779, to the that of Kilcoan; the rectory is impropriate in the Rev. John Digby. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieuruagh.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]

Church Records

Civil Parish: Kilbride. RC Parish: Slieverue
Earliest Records: b. Nov 1766; m. Feb 1766; d. Dec 1766.

Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)

Civil 		Roman Catholic	Time 		FHLC
parish		parish		period		number
Kilbride	Glenmore	not available
Note: Glenmore was created from northern Slieverue R.C. parish.

Historical Geography

Townlands (1851)
Parish		Townland		Acres	Diocese
Kilbride	Ballyfasy Lower		349	Ossory    
Kilbride	Ballyfasy Upper		647	Ossory    
Kilbride	Ballywairy		322	Ossory    
Kilbride	Kilbride        	378	Ossory    
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999

Return to top of page