"Kilcolumb", Kilcollum, or Kilcolm, a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 5 miles (N. N. E.) from Waterford, on the river Barrow; containing 2139 inhabitants. The parish comprises 7781 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is in the diocese of Ossory; the rectory is impropriate in Sir Ellis Leighton, amd the vicarage forms part of the union of Dunkit. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Slieruagh. About 160 children are educated in a school supported by Lady Esmonde, who also supports a Sunday school.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]