|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
a parish, in the barony of Gowran, county of
Kilkenny, and province of Leinster; 4 miles (N. E. by N.) from Kilkenny;
containing 718 inhabitants. It comprises 2153 statute acres, as applotted
under the tithe act, and is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of
Ossory, forming part of the union of Mothell. In the R. C. divisions it is
part of the union or district of St. John's.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Also see the village of Stoneyford.
Civil Parish: Kilderry. RC Parish: St. John's
Earliest Records: b. Jan 1789; m. Jun 1789.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
parish parish period number
Kilderry St Johnís not available
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999
Parish Townland Acres Diocese
Kilderry Ballysallagh 617 Ossory
Kilderry Feathallagh 295 Ossory
Kilderry Kilderry 419 Ossory
Kilderry Kilmagar 342 Ossory
Kilderry Ossoryhill 518 Ossory
Return to top of page