"Kilkeasy", a parish, in the barony of Kncoktopher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 2 3/4 miles (S.) from Knocktopher, on the road from Thomastown to Waterford; containing 612 inhabitants, and 5292 statute acres. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Knocktopher. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Ballyhale. About 70 children are educated in a private school, and there is also a Sunday school.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]