|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
"Kilmakevoge", or Kilmackevoge,
a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of
Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 4 3/4 miles (S. W.) from New Ross,
on the road from that place to Waterford; containing 1027 inhabitants and
3161 statute acres. It is vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part
of the union of Rosbercon; the rectory is impropriate in the corporation of
Waterford. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union or
district of Sliewruagh. There are two private schools open only in summer,
in which about 140 children are educated.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Kilmakevoge. RC Parish: Glenmore.
Earliest Records: b. Mar 1831; m. Jan 1831.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
parish parish period number
Kilmakevoge Glenmore not available
Note: Glenmore was created from northern Slieverue R.C. parish.
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999
Parish Townland Acres Diocese
Kilmakevoge Aylwardstown 555 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Ballynaraha 290 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Carrickcloney 500 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Graiguenakill 156 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Haggard 543 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Kilmakevoge 210 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Mullennahone 295 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Parkstown Lower 187 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Parkstown Upper 169 Ossory
Kilmakevoge Robinstown 323 Ossory
Return to top of page