GENUKI Home page
Kilkenny Contents Parishes and Towns

 

KILMAKEVOGE

"Kilmakevoge", or Kilmackevoge, a parish, in the barony of Ida, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 4 3/4 miles (S. W.) from New Ross, on the road from that place to Waterford; containing 1027 inhabitants and 3161 statute acres. It is vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Rosbercon; the rectory is impropriate in the corporation of Waterford. In the R. C. divisions this parish forms part of the union or district of Sliewruagh. There are two private schools open only in summer, in which about 140 children are educated.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]

Church Records

Civil Parish: Kilmakevoge. RC Parish: Glenmore.
Earliest Records: b. Mar 1831; m. Jan 1831.

Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil 		Roman Catholic	Time 		FHLC
parish		parish		period		number
Kilmakevoge	Glenmore	not available
Note: Glenmore was created from northern Slieverue R.C. parish.

Historical Geography

Townlands (1851)
Parish		Townland		Acres	Diocese
Kilmakevoge	Aylwardstown		555	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Ballynaraha		290	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Carrickcloney   	500	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Graiguenakill        	156	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Haggard        		543	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Kilmakevoge		210	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Mullennahone   		295	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Parkstown Lower		187	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Parkstown Upper		169	Ossory    
Kilmakevoge	Robinstown		323	Ossory    
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999

Return to top of page