|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
a parish, in the barony of Knocktopher,
county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster; containing 176
inhabitants. This parish comprises 1012 statute accres, as applotted under
the tithe act. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory,
forming part of the union of Knocktopher. In the R. C.
divisions it part of the union or district of Ballyhale.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999
Return to top of page