|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
"Lismateige", a denomination or reputed
parish, in the barony of Knocktopher, county
of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 miles (S.) from Knocktopher,
on the road from Kilkenny to Waterford; containing 931 inhabitants. It
anciently formed part of the possesions of the Abbey of Jerpoint; and
comprises 2637 statute acres, of which the tithes, are payable to the
rector and vicar of Burnchurch, in the diocese of Ossory.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Lismateige. RC Parish: part Templeorum; part Aghaviller.
Templeorum - Earliest Records: b. Oct 1803; m. Aug 1815; d. Sep 1803.
Aghaviller - Earliest Record: b. Oct 1847; m. Feb 1848.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
parish parish period number
Lismateige Templeorum not available
Lismateige Aghaviller pt not available
Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 17 Apr 1999
Parish Townland Acres Diocese
Lismateige Ballyknockmore 223 Ossory
Lismateige Keatingstown 110 Ossory
Lismateige Knockmoylan 128 Ossory
Lismateige Lismateige 1180 Ossory
Return to top of page