|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
MUCKALEE - [Knocktopher]
"Muckalee", or Macully,
a parish, partly in the barony of Knocktopher,
and partly in the barony of Iverk, 7 miles (S. by W.) from Knocktopeher;
containing 423 inhabitants. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, and
forms part of the union of Kilculliheen. In the R. C. divisions it forms
part of the union or district of Templeorum (formerly called Fiddown). Portions of
the parish have apparently been included at one time or another in the
neghboring R.C. parishes of Aghaviller, Mooncoin, and Mullinavat (formerly
northern Kilmacow). The 1837 Topographical Dictionary of Ireland places
the civil parish of Macully in the R.C. union of Slieruagh (Slieverue).
[From various sources]
Note: There is another Muckalee parish in the barony of Fassadinin, and the R.C. parish of Muckalee.
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC parish parish period number Muckalee Mullinavat pt 1843-1880 0926201 Mooncoin pt not available Templeorum pt. not available Aghaviller pt. not available
Townlands (1851)Edited by Dennis Walsh, last updated 18 Apr 1999Parish Townland Acres Barony Muckalee Garrygaug 495 Iverk Muckalee Listrolin 489 Iverk Muckalee Monavinnaun 156 Iverk Muckalee Harristown 630 Knocktopher Muckalee Milltown 939 Knocktopher