"Rosconnell", a parish, partly in the barony of Fassadining, county of Kilkenny, but chiefly in that of Upper Ossory, Queen's county, and province of Leinster, 1 3/4 mile (S. by W.) from Ballynakill, on the road to Durrow; containing 795 inhabitants, and comprising 1942 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act. It is a rectory, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Attanagh. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Ballyragget. About 30 children are educated in a private school.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]