"Rossinan", or Rosinan, a parish, in the barony of Knocktopher, county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 5 miles (N.N.W.) from Waterford, on the road to Kilkenny; containing 1130 inhabitants, and comprising 5105 1/2 statute acres. It is in the diocese of Ossory; the rectory is appropriate to the vicars choral of the cathedral of St. Canice, Kilkenny, and the vicarage forms part of the union of Kilbeacon. In the R. C. divisions it forms part of the union or district of Kilmacow.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]