|Kilkenny||Contents||Parishes and Towns|
a parish, entirely in the city of Kilkenny,
and province of Leinster; comprising 65 statute acres. It is in the diocese
of Ossory; the living is a perpetual curacy, in the patronage of the
Bishop. The church, erected in 1819, is an elegant cruciform structure, with
a tower and spire, situated in the High-street. The glebe-house is a good
residence; and there is a small glebe near the church. In the R. C.
divisions the parish of St. Mary is the head of a union, comprising also a
small portion of St. John's. Adjoining the chapel of St. Mary's is the
residence of the R. C. Bishop, and also the Presentation Convent, with a
chapel attached to it.
[Partly from A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: St. Mary's. RC Parish: St.Mary's.
Earliest Records: b. Jan 1754; m. Jan 1754; d. Jan 1754 to Jul 1787.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
parish parish period number
St Mary’s St Mary’s 1754-1810 0926196
Return to top of page