"Tullaghanbrogue", or Tullohanbroge, also Grove, a parish, in the barony of Shillelogher, [and partly in that of Cranagh], county of Kilkenny, and province of Leinster, 3 1/2 miles (W.S.W.) from Kilkenny, on the road to Callan; containing 620 inhabitants and comprising 3616 statute acres. Within its limits is Ballykeefe Hill, the property of the Earl of Desart, which has been lately planted to the extent of 90 acres, and forms a conspicuous and interesting feature. It is a rectory and vicarage, in the diocese of Ossory, forming part of the union of Inchiolaghan and the corps of the chancellorship. In the R. C. divisions it is in the union or district of St. Patrick's. Some remains of the old church of Kyleballykeefe still exist; and at Ballykeefe are the ruins of the castle of that name.
[From A Topographical Dictionary of Ireland (1837)]
Civil Parish: Tullaghanbrogue. RC Parish: St. Patrick's.
Earliest Records: b. Aug 1800; m. Jul 1801.
Civil Parish: Tullaghanbrogue. RC Parish: Ballycallan (or Kilmanagh)
Earliest Records: b. May 1820; m. Jul 1820.
Civil Parish: Tullaghanbrogue. RC Parish: Danesfort and Cuff's Grange.
Earliest Records: b. Jan 1819; m. Jan 1824.
Cross reference to Family History Library microfilm (double-check with the Library)
Civil Roman Catholic Time FHLC
Tullaghanbrogue Ballycallan pt 1845-1883 0926187
Danesfort pt 1819-1876 0926193
Note: Ballycallan was formed from the R.C. parish of Kilmanagh.