DERRYGRATH, a parish, in the barony of IFFA and OFFA-WEST, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 2¼: miles (E. by S.) from Cahir; containing 1299 inhabitants. It is situated on the road from Clonmel to Cahir, and comprises 3764 acres, of which about 30 are woodland, 2430 arable, 1088 pasture and 16 bog. Woodrooff, the seat of William Perry, Esq., is in a handsome and well-planted demesne, which extends into the adjoining parishes. The living is a vicarage, in the diocese of Lismore, and in the patronage of the Bishop; the rectory constitutes the corps of the chancellorship of the cathedral of St. Carthage, Lismore. The tithes amount to £230. 6., of which £120 is payable to the appropriator, and £110. 6. to the vicar: the glebe comprises 16a. 3r. 24p. The church is a plain neat building erected by aid of a gift of £800, and a loan of £400, in 1816, from the late Board of First Fruits. The parochial schools are supported by the incumbent, and there is a female school under the patronage of Mr. Perry, also a hedge school of about 100 children.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.