KILLALDRIFF, a parish, in the barony of CLANWILLIAM, county of TIPPERARY, and province of MUNSTER, 4 miles (N. W.) from Cahir, on the road from that place to Tipperary; containing, with the chapelry of Clonfinglass, 1901 inhabitants. It comprises 5714 statute acres, as applotted under the tithe act, and valued at £3693 per annum; and there are about 650 acres in Clonfinglass, about 1500 acres of mountain land, and a considerable quantity of bog: the land is generally good and well cultivated, and there is plenty of limestone and good building stone. The rivers Arra and Aherlow run through the parish, the latter of which joins the Suir at Ballydruid. Here is a constabulary police station. The principal seats are Kilmoyler, the residence of S. O'Meagher, Esq.; Toureen, of D. O'Meagher, Esq.; Ballydruid, of Mrs. Doherty; Kilmoylermore, of the late Constantine Maguire, Esq.; Cluin, of - Slattery, Esq.; and Bansha House, of R. Clarke, Esq. The living is a rectory, in the diocese of Cashel, forming the corps of the prebend of Killaldry, or Killaldriff, in the cathedral of Cashel, and in the patronage of the Archbishop: the tithes amount to £270, and there is a glebe of 16a. 2r. 12p. In the R. C. divisions it is part of the union or district of Galbally, and has a neat chapel. About 140 children are educated in two private schools, the school-house for one of which was given by the late C. Maguire, Esq. There are some remains of old castles at Cappagh and Kilmoylermore; the ruin of a small church or chapel at Clonfinglass; and the remains of the old church at Killaldriff.
from Lewis's Topographical Dictionary of Ireland, 1837.