INVERGOWRIE, Angus - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"INVERGOWRIE, an ancient parish in the districts of Dundee and Eastern Perth, counties Forfar and Perth, Scotland, now incorporated with Liff and Benvie. It is a station on the Perth and Dundee branch of the Scottish Central railway."
"MUIRHEAD, a hamlet in the parishes of Liff and Invergowrie, county Forfar, Scotland, 6 miles N.W. of Dundee. It is situated under Balgay Hill and near the river Tay."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use, or as given in our Conditions of Use