"A parish in the county of Forfar, nearly a square of four miles. The soil is clay, variously mixed with loam and sand: the greater part is enclosed and well cultivated, yielding good crops of oats, barley and some wheat and flax. The mansion houses of Major Douglas of Brigton, of Mr Bower of Kincaldrum and Mr Simpson of Invereighty, and the pleasure grounds, give the whole parish a delightful appearance."
The Gazetteer of Scotland, W Chalmers, Dundee 1803.
Click on the map at the right to access more maps of Kinnettles.
- The transcription of the section for Kinnettles from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.