STRATHMARTINE, Angus - Extract from National Gazetteer, 1868
"STRATHMARTINE, (or Strathdighty), an ancient parish in the district of Dundee, county Forfar, Scotland, now joined to Mains. It gives the title of baron to the Earl of Strathmore."
"BALDOVAN, a village in the parish of Strathmartine, in the county of Forfar, Scotland, 2 miles from Dundee. It is a station on the Dundee and Newtyle railway. Sir J. Ogilvie, Bart., has a seat in this village."
"KIRKTON, a village in the parish of Strathmartine, county Forfar, Scotland, 5 miles N. of Dundee."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Do not copy any part of this page or website other than for personal use, or as given in our Conditions of Use