1889:Forfarshire County Council established by the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1889. Powers were absorbed from Commissioners of Supply, County Road Trust, and other local authorities.
1894:Dundee constituted as a County of a City in its own right in 1894.
1928:Forfarshire renamed Angus
1975:County Council abolished, by the Local Government (Scotland) Act, 1973. The functions of the former county were divided between:
Tayside Regional Council
Angus District Council
Landward area of City of Dundee District Council
1996:Angus Council was formed, and took over some functions of the former Tayside Regional Council, Angus District Council, and Monifieth and the landward portions of the former City of Dundee District Council.
Note 1: Information is abstracted from 'List of Parishes and Registration Districts' at the General Register Office for Scotland. Note 2: The following table is currently being researched, and is incomplete.