"Cumlodden, a quoad sacra parish in Glassary and Inverary parishes, Argyllshire, on the NW side of Loch Fyne, its church (1841; 300 sittings) standing 1 mile WSW of Furnace and 8 miles SW of its post-town, Inverary. Constituted in 1853, it is in the presbytery of Inverary and synod of Argyll; the minister's stipend is £120. Two public schools, Cumlodden and Furnace, with respective accommodation for 78 and 110 children, had (1880) an average attendance of 48 and 78, and grants of £23,10s. 2d. and £78,6s. Pop. of q. s. parish (1871) 826, (1881) 837; of registration district of Cumlodden and Minard (1881) 1142."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Churches in Cumlodden (NS005995):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Cumlodden area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
1871 826 1881 837