"Dalavich, an ancient parish and a registration district in Lorn, Argyllshire. The parish, now annexed to Kilchrenan, lies along the loch and river of Avich, onward to Loch Awe, on whose western shore, 14 miles WNW of Inverary, stand its church and its public school. Pop. of district (1871) 217, (1881) 226. See Kilchrenan."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)