"Dalavich, an ancient parish and a registration district in Lorn, Argyllshire. The parish, now annexed to Kilchrenan, lies along the loch and river of Avich, onward to Loch Awe, on whose western shore, 14 miles WNW of Inverary, stand its church and its public school. Pop. of district (1871) 217, (1881) 226. See Kilchrenan."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Churches in Dalavich (NM968127):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Dalavich area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1871 217 1881 226 1891 158