"Kilmartin, par. and vil., Argyllshire - par., 25,102 ac., pop. 811; vil., 8 miles NW. of Lochgilphead; P.O., T.O.; in the churchyard are several old crosses; N. of vil. are the ruins of Kilmartin Castle; the par. includes the islands of MacCaskin and Ree in Loch Craignish."
Extract from John Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles (1887)
- Churches in Kilmartin (NR835988):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Kilmartin area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1887 811