"Kilmeny, a ancient parish in Islay island, Argyll shire, whose church stands 4 miles SSW of Port Askaig. It is now incorporated quoad civilia with Killarrow parish, but was constituted quoad sacra as a separate parish, first by ecclesiastical authority in 1826, next by civil authority in 1849. It is in the presbytery of Islay and Jura and synod of Argyll; the stipend is £171. Pop. (1871 924, (1881) 881."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)