"Kinlochspelvie, a quoad sacra parish in Torosay parish, Mull island, Argyllshire, in the SE of Mull around Loch Spelvie, and containing Achnacraig hamlet, with a post and telegraph office under Oban. Constituted by the Court of Teinds in 1845, it is in the presbytery of Mull and synod of Argyll. The stipend is £120, with a manse and glebe worth £10 and £8 a year. The church, 9 miles SW of Achnacraig, was built in 1828. Pop. (1871) 388, (1881) 311, of whom 276 were Gaelic-speaking."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland (1882-4)
- Churches in Kinlochspelvie (NM654261):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Kinlochspelvie area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1871 388 1881 311 1891 270