"Salen, a quoad sacra parish in the NE of Mull island, Argyllshire, on the sound of Mull, containing AROS post office, an Established church (circa 1783), a Free church (1883), St Columba's Episcopal church (1874), a public school, and a hotel. Pop. (1871) 605, (1881) 522, of whom 359 were in Torosay parish and 162 in Kilninian and Kilmore."
Extract from Groome's Ordnance Gazetteer of Scotland c.1895)
- Churches in Salen (NM570429):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Salen area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1801 605 1831 522