"Southend, par. and vil., in S. extremity of Kintyre peninsula, Argyllshire - par. (comprising Sanda island), 30,801 ac., pop. 955; vil., 9½ miles SW. of Campbeltown; P.O., T.O."
Extract from Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887
- Churches in Southend (NR691084):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Southend area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland (Best site for old maps)
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1801 1825 1831 2120 1861 1214 1881 955 1891 844