"Tyree, island and par., Inner Hebrides, Argyllshire - par. (comprising Tyree and Skerryvore), 18,942 ac., pop. 2733; island, 2 miles SW. of Coll and 28 miles SW. of Tobermory, pop. 2730; P.O., called Tiree; is 14 miles long and from ¾ mile to 6 miles broad, and rises to a maximum alt. of 400 ft. The soil is generally fertile, but the rearing of black cattle is the chief employment. Cattle, poultry, and eggs are largely exported."
Extract from Bartholomew's Gazetteer of the British Isles, 1887)
- Churches in Tyree (NL999447):
You can also perform a more selective search for churches in the Tyree area that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the location of the churches marked on a map.
- This place shown on a Google map.
- Google Streetview
- StreetMap (Current Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Open StreetMap
- Bing (was Multimap)
- OldMaps (Old Ordnance Survey maps.)
- Old Maps Online (Other old maps.)
- National Library of Scotland
- Vision of Britain (Click "Historical units & statistics" for administrative areas.)
- Magic (Geographic information) (Click + on map if it doesn't show)
- GeoHack (Links to on-line maps and location specific services.)
- All places within the same township/parish shown on a Google map.
- Nearby townships/parishes shown on a Google map.
- Nearby places shown on a Google map.
Year Population 1881 2730 1891 2499