The Troon and District Family History Society has published a book of Monumental Inscriptions for Craigie.
"The church of Craigie is a small building of unpretentious appearance, standing in the centre of the churchyard. It was built in the year 1776, and has sittings for about 600. It belonged in ancient times to the monks of Paisley, and the cure was served by a vicar pensioner who had an established income, which was settled by Walter, the bishop of Glasgow, in 1227. Before it came into possession of the monks of Paisley, the patronage of the church belonged to Walter Hose, the Lord of the Manor, a brother of whom was some-time parson of the church. By Walter Hose the church, in pure alms, with all its lands and pertinents, was granted to the abbey of Paisley, "for the salvation of the souls of his father and mother. "At the epoch of the Reformation, Wallace of Craigie held the office of bailie, in Kyle, for the monks of Paisley, and he received as his fee, six chalders and fifteen bolls of meal yearly out of the tithes of Craigie church. In 1587, the patronage and tithes of the parish church of Craigie, which then belonged to Lord Claud Hamilton for life, as Commendator of Paisley, were granted to him in fee, with the other property of the monks of Paisley. He was succeeded in the whole, during 1621, by his grandson, James, Earl of Abercorn. Long afterwards the patronage passed to Wallace of Craigie, and about the year 1790 was transferred to Campbell of Craigie."
"Ayrshire Nights Entertainment: A Descriptive Guide to the History, Traditions, Antiquities of the County of Ayr" by John MacIntosh of Galston, Ayrshire, published in 1894, by John Menzies & Co. of Kilmarnock, Dunlop and Drennan.
The Troon and District Family History Society has published the the book of Monumental Inscriptions for Craigie.
Craigie is a relatively small parish lying to the north-east of Prestwick.
- The transcription of the section for Craigie from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.