"HUTTON, a parish, containing the post-office villages of Hutton and Paxton, on the south-east border of Berwickshire. It is bounded by the liberties of Berwick, by England, and by the parishes of Ladykirk, Whitsome, Edrom, Chirnside, Foulden, and Mordington."
From the Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by John Marius Wilson, 1868.
The following quotation comes from the Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by John Marius Wilson and published in 1868. This reference was found in volume II, p.100:
"The present parish comprehends the ancient parish of Hutton and Fishwick. Hutton, signifying 'wood-town' - was the northern district; and Fishwick - or 'the fishing hamlet' - was the district on the south and along the Tweed"
The Parish of Hutton, Paxton and Fishwick compiled by Hutton Local History Project was published in 1988.
The parish church (Church of Scotland) has registers dating from 1700. Old Parish Registers (before 1855) are held in the National Records of Scotland in Edinburgh, and copies on microfilm may be consulted in local libraries and in LDS Family History Centres around the world. Later parish registers (after 1855) are often held in the National Records of Scotland as are any records of non-conformist churches in the area (often unfilmed and unindexed, and only available there).
The parish registers available worldwide on microfilm include some kirk session records:
In part 745/1: minutes for 1700-1730 and accounts for 1730-1767
In part 745/2: accounts for 1767-1786
In part 745/3: accounts for 1798-1819
In part 745/4: accounts for 1820-1854
More information on kirk sessions and their records can be found in the Church Records section of the Berwickshire page.