ISLAND OF INCHMARNOCK, Buteshire
"INCHMARNOCK, verdant island, about 2 miles long, with ruins of ancient chapel, about a mile west of Bute Island, Buteshire. Pop. 18."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland by Rev. John Wilson, published by W. & A. K. Johnston, Edinburgh, 1882]
For information on parishes please return to the main Buteshire page.photographs of Inchmarnock and the surrounding area. maps of Inchmarnock.