PLADDA ISLAND, Buteshire
"PLADDA, small low green island near south-eastern extremity of Arran, in Firth of Clyde. A lighthouse is on it with two fixed lights, the one above and the other visible at the distance of 14 and 17 nautical miles. Pop. 17."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland by Rev. John Wilson, published by W. & A. K. Johnston, Edinburgh, 1882]
For information on parishes please return to the main Buteshire page.