"KILBRIDE, parish comprising Holy Island and most of east side of Arran Island, Buteshire. It contains the post office hamlets or villages of Lochranza, Corrie, Brodick, and Lamlash; and it measures about 20 miles by fully 41/2, and comprises 38,985 acres. Real property in 1880-81, £9392. Pop., quoad civilia, 2176; quoad sacra, 1160. Chief features are Goatfell, Glensannox, Glenrosa, Glensherrig, Glencloy, Brodick, Lamlash, Holy Island, and Lochranza, and have been separately noticed. The churches are 2 Established, 2 Free, and 1 Congregational. There are 6 schools for 436 scholars, and 1 of them for 100 is new."
From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.
The parish church records are held in the General Register Office for Scotland in Edinburgh, and copies on microfilm may be consulted in local libraries and in LDS Family History Centres around the world.
Records in the old parish registers (OPRs) for Kilbride parish span the following years:
Births or Baptisms ~ 1723 - 1854
Marriages or Banns ~ 1723 - 1854
Deaths or Burials ~ no records
- The transcription of the section for Kilbride from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.