NORTH BUTE, Buteshire
"BUTE (NORTH), parish containing Port Bannatyne or Kaimesburgh village, and comprising the northern part of Bute Island and all Inchmarnock, Buteshire. Acres, 14,764. Real property in 1880-81, £12,196. Pop. 1192. The post office is Kaimesburgh under Rothesay; the churches are Established and Free; and 2 public schools, with accommodation for 263 scholars, belong jointly to it and the landward parts of Rothesay parish."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
|Kaimesburgh or Port Bannatyne (village)|
The parish church records are held in the General Register Office for Scotland in Edinburgh, and copies on microfilm may be consulted in local libraries and in LDS Family History Centres around the world.
Records in the old parish registers (OPRs) for North Bute parish span the following years:
Births or Baptisms ~ 1844 - 1854
Marriages or Banns ~ 1844 - 1854
Deaths or Burials ~ no records