"CLACKMANNAN, a parish, containing the post-office town of Clackmannan, the post-office village of Sauchie or Newtonshaw, and the villages of Kennet, Westfield, and Forest-Mill, in Clackmannanshire. It is bounded on the west by Alloa; on the north by the Devon, which divides it from Tillicoultry and Dollar; on the east by the detached district of Perthshire; and on the south by the upper part of the firth of Forth, here about a mile broad, which divides it from Stirlingshire. Its length southwestward is 6 miles; its breadth at the Forth is 2 1/2 miles; and its greatest breadth is about 4 miles."
From the Imperial Gazetteer of Scotland, edited by John Marius Wilson, 1868.
The parish church (Established Church of Scotland) has records dating from 1593. These are held in the National Records of Scotland in Edinburgh, and copies on microfilm may be consulted in LDS Family History Centres around the world.
(Monumental Inscriptions - see Cemeteries)
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Clackmannan which are provided by: