A village, on the Devon, between Tillicoultry and Devonside. It is united with the latter as a special district (pop. 1353) for water and lighting, but Devonside with its brick and tile works dates only from the middle of the nineteenth century, whereas Devonside or Coalsnachton has quite a long history.
[Clackmannan and Kinross by J.P.Day B.A. B Sc., 1915 ]