Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
Built shortly after 1783 to house the workers in the Devon Iron Works or possibly the pits along the Fishcross Road. Comprised 5 rows of stone built houses arranged around the cross roads at its centre.
[Sauchie and Alloa - A People's History by John Adamson 1988]
A mining village, now like most of the neighbouring villages, a dormitary town for Alloa and other larger towns.
For pictures of Fishcross showing Fishcross as it used to look.
Fishcross is in Alloa parish.
For more on Fishcross see the Edinburgh University Scottish Gazetteer.