"village and parish in north of Dumbartonshire...The village stands on the east side, near head of Loch Long, 17¼ miles north of Helensburgh; is a terminus of steam communication on the Upper Clyde, and a resort of tourists and summer visitors; is engirt by very grand, striking scenery; and has a post office, with money order department, under Dumbarton, an excellent hotel, an Established church of 1847, a Free church, and a public school with about 60 scholars."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Arrochar (N298044):
- View maps of Arrochar.