"BONHILL, town and parish in Dumbartonshire. The town is practically conjoint with Alexandria, divided from it only by the river Leven; dates from ancient times, but is a seat and centre of modern industries; and has a post office, with money order department, under Dumbarton, a banking office, Established, Free, and United Presbyterian churches, a public school with about 379 scholars, and waterworks projected in 1880. Pop. 2940."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Bonhill (NS402792):
- View pictures of Bonhill.
- View maps of Bonhill.