Bonhill

"BONHILL, town and parish in Dumbartonshire. The town is practically conjoint with Alexandria, divided from it only by the river Leven; dates from ancient times, but is a seat and centre of modern industries; and has a post office, with money order department, under Dumbarton, a banking office, Established, Free, and United Presbyterian churches, a public school with about 379 scholars, and waterworks projected in 1880. Pop. 2940."

[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]


Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Historical Geography

Maps



GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI Copyright © 2011 GENUKI
[Last updated Saturday, 11-Oct-2014 21:58:54 BST by David McFarlane]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.