"CARDROSS, village and parish on north side of the Clyde in Dumbartonshire. The village stands 3 miles west-north-west of Dumbarton, and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, designated of Dumbartonshire, a railway station, a drill hall, an Established church, a Free church, and a public school with about 150 scholars. Pop. 521."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Cardross (NS345775):
- View maps of Cardross.