Open a form to report problems or contribute information
We are in the process of upgrading the site to implement a content management system.
"MILNGAVIE (popularly MILLGUY), manufacturing town, 7 miles by road, but 9½ by railway, north-west of Glasgow. It has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Glasgow, a terminal railway station, a quoad sacra parochial church, United Presbyterian and Roman Catholic churches, and 2 public schools with about 400 scholars. Pop. of the town 2636; of the quoad sacra parish, 2927."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- St Andrew, Park Road, Scottish Episcopal
- Milngavie Church (Quoad Sacra), Church of Scotland
- St Paul's Parish Church, Milngavie, Church of Scotland
- United Presbyterian Church, Mugdock Road, Church of Scotland
- St Joseph, Roman Catholic
- St Joseph, 3 Buchanan Street, G62 8DZ, Roman Catholic
- Milngavie Free Church, Station Road, Free Church of Scotland
You can also perform a more selective search for
churches in the Milngavie area
that are recorded in the GENUKI church database. This will also help
identify other churches in nearby townships and/or parishes. You also have the option to see the
of the churches marked on a map.
Description and Travel
You can see pictures of Milngavie which are provided by:
You can see maps centred on OS grid reference NS555745 (Lat/Lon: 55.941805, -4.315205), Milngavie which are provided by: