"KILPATRICK (OLD), village and parish in Dumbartonshire. The village stands adjacent to the Clyde, 9 miles by road but 11 by railway, west-north-west of Glasgow, was the birthplace of St. Patrick, and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, under Glasgow, a railway station, Established and United Presbyterian churches, and a public school with about 74 scholars. Pop. 911."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]
- Churches in Old Kilpatrick (NS463731):