Renton

"Renton, town and quoad sacra parish in Vale of Leven, Dumbartonshire. The town stands 2 miles north of Dumbarton, was founded in 1782, is a seat of manufacture, and has a post office, with money order and telegraph departments, designated of Dumbartonshire, a railway station, a monument to the novelist Smollett, an Established church, 2 Free churches, a Gaelic Free church, a public school with about 230 scholars, and a female industrial school with about 52. Pop. of the town, 4319; of the quoad sacra parish, 4387."
[From The Gazetteer of Scotland, by Rev. John Wilson, 1882.]

Church Records

Description and Travel

Gazetteers

Historical Geography

Maps



GENUKI is a registered trade mark of the charitable trust GENUKI Copyright © 2011 GENUKI
[Last updated Saturday, 11-Oct-2014 21:59:04 BST by David McFarlane]
Hosted by Mythic Beasts Ltd.