"Extent, &c. - The extent of the parish in length is about 2 miles, and in breadth about 1 1/2. Its figure is quadrilateral. It is bound towards the south and south-west, by the parish of Benholme; and north-west, by the parish of Garvock; the north and north-east, by the parish of Arbuthnott; the east, by the parish of Kinneff; and its boundary on the south-east is the German Ocean."
The New Statistical Account of Scotland, Vol XI Forfar-Kincardine
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
Old Parish Records for the parish of Bervie  are located in New Register House, Edinburgh.
These have also been microfilmed by the LDS:
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.
- The transcription of the section for Bervie from the National Gazetteer (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.