DURRIS, Kincardineshire[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"DURRIS, a parish in the county of Kincardine, Scotland, 7 miles N.W. of Stonehaven. It is situated on the river Dee, under the Grampians. The parish is traversed by the road from Aberdeen to Banchory, and is near the Deeside railway. At Cairnmonearn the land rises 1,020 feet above sea-level. The parish is in the presbytery and synod of Aberdeen. The minister's stipend is £158, in the patronage of A. Mactier, Esq., of Durris House. The village contains the parish church, a Free church, and a non-parochial school. On Castle Hill are the remains of an ancient fortification, and at Red Beard is a chalybeate spring. Three annual cattle fairs are held here."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
Old Parish Records for the parish of Durris  are located in New Register House, Edinburgh.
These have also been microfilmed by the LDS:
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.