"GLENBERVIE, a parish in the county Kincardine, Scotland, 3 miles N.E. of Fordoun, containing the post village of Drumlithie. It is situated at the base of the Grampian hills, on the river Bervicarage Its length is over 6 miles, its breadth 6. The surface is hilly. The soil in the low country is light and fertile. The Cowie and Carron waters take their rise in the interior. The Aberdeen railway has a station at Drumlithie. This parish is in the presbytery of Fordoun and synod of Angus and Mearns. The minister has a stipend of £231. The church was built in 1826. There are a Free church, Episcopal chapel, parochial school, three private academies, friendly societies, and a savings-bank. The principal landowners are, Nicolson, of Glenbervie House, and Gordon of Drumlithie. Glenbervie is a burgh of barony under the Douglas family. A fair for cattle is held in October."
Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003
- Church Records
- Civil Registration
- Description and Travel
- Historical Geography
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
Old Parish Records for the parish of Glenbervie  are located in New Register House, Edinburgh.
These have also been microfilmed by the LDS:
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.
View photographs of Glenbervie and the surrounding area.
- The transcription of the section for Glenbervie from the National Gazetteer of Great Britain and Ireland (1868) provided by Colin Hinson.
Information about boundaries and administrative areas is available from A Vision of Britain through time.
View maps of Glenbervie.