MARYCULTER, Kincardineshire[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer (1868)]
"MARYCULTER, a parish in the county Kincardine, Scotland. It contains a post-office village of its own name, which is 7 miles N. of Stonehaven. The parish is 6 miles long, and measures 2¾ at its broadest point. The surface is for the most part uneven, and has an area of about 7,600 acres, of which about 4,000 acres are under tillage. The northern boundary of the parish is traced by the river Dee; and there are mineral springs in the neighbourhood. The parish is in the presbytery and synod of Aberdeen. The minister's stipend is £172. The parish church was erected in 1787. Here is a Free church. On the estate of Blairs, in this parish, is a Roman Catholic seminary, attached to which is a chapel for the district. There are two non-parochial schools. Auchlunies, Heathcote, Kingcaussie, and Maryculter are the principal seats. There are several cairns in the neighbourhood."
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]
Monumental Inscriptions for the parish have been recorded in Pre-1855 Gravestone Inscriptions in Kincardineshire, edited by Alison Mitchell, Scottish Genealogy Society, 1986, ISBN 0 901061 29 8.
Old Parish Records for the parish of Maryculter  are located in New Register House, Edinburgh.
These have also been microfilmed by the LDS:
All records of Civil Registration are held at New Register House, Edinburgh. Microfilm copies of births, deaths and marriages for the years 1855 - 1875, 1881 and 1891 have been filmed by the LDS and can be ordered to any family history centre worldwide. Please check film numbers before ordering.