"KIRKCHRIST, an ancient parish now united with Twynholm, in county Kirkcudbright, Scotland. The village was situated near the river Dee, and opposite the town of Kirkcudbright, where are the ruins of a church with a cemetery, the latter being still used. A nunnery was founded here in ancient times."
Click on the map at the right to access more maps of Kirkchrist.
[Description(s) from The National Gazetteer of
Great Britain and Ireland (1868)
Transcribed by Colin Hinson ©2003]